A lot of things happened to me in 2013. I don’t have good long-term memory, so maybe I’ll start in reverse chronological order. 2013 has been an awesome year and it is, by far, one of those years which made me a better person. Here’s some of the memorable stuff:
1. I finally won my first cosplay competition, even though I was a runner-up! With my Lyner Barsett costume, I managed to wow a hundred people at a small J-event in Bali.
2. My fourth break-up… and the most peaceful one as well. We remain on good terms.
3. Realized that I needed to read more books, so I bought Susan Cain’s Quiet: The Power of Introverts and Declan Haye’s Japan: The Toothless Tiger.
4. Took my first Chinese exam (HSK) level 2. I hope I pass…
5. Took a vow of celibacy; I shall not engage myself in relationships for an indefinite amount of time.
1. Performed as Lyner Barsett at Hellofest 9 at Jakarta, but didn’t win shit. Still had an awesome time and met many new people.
1. Started playing Agarest: Generations of War. Gave up after 20 hours due to tedious gameplay.
1. Wrote a piece on cosplay which became famous overnight, causing many wars to erupt on the Internet and a lot of hate directed towards me! Yippee!
2. Started the new semester with high hopes, only to be bored to death halfway through.
1. Obtained my fourth original Nendoroid, Hasegawa Kobato!
1. I turned 20! And only a few people remembered my birthday…
2. Started playing DOTA 2 after months of waiting.
3. Obtained my third original Nendoroid, Hatsune Miku 2.0! (finally, after 6 months of waiting!)
Yeah, nothing seems to come to mind…
Nothing comes to mind either…
1. In a relationship with my best friend!
1. Forgot my best friend’s birthday, she’ll never let me off the hook…
1. Frequent mental breakdowns due to VERY harsh break-up with the person I fell in love with…
1. Won first place in an academic writing competition! Yay, my first award in writing!
2. Preordered Hatsune Miku 2.0!
3. Dealing with severe mental breakdowns due to recent brutal break-up.
That’s my year. How was yours?